[ Uncategorized ]

what I do all day

My friends are always asking me what I am doing now that I am home. I can never really answer. I just say I’ve been busy, because the truth is I have. So below is a typical day in the life of a stay at home mommy…

This morning I woke with the usual exhaustive to-do list. It was in my head so I decided that I better get right up and write them down before I forgot something very important.

I make my way into the study to get a pen and I notice that on the hutch is the camera, which still has pictures from beginning of February. I should probably download them now. Excited to relive those moments again, I sit down at the desk and start flipping through the camera. I get to CALF (Children’s Art and Literacy Festival) pictures that Junior League puts on every year and remember that I was supposed to burn a copy for the Junior League scrapbook. I turn on the computer and decide that while it gets going, I may as well start the laundry.

I go into our bathroom and start separating the clothes. I am dismayed at the grass and mud stains on some of Cole’s shirts so I decided that I better give them a good scrub on my Mexican tallador. I go into the laundry room to get it and the chihuahuas start yelping. Better let them out.

I open the door to the backyard and catch a glimpse of my new mini herb garden. I decide to take a peek and see how my babies are doing. Ooh, they need water!

I run inside to get the sprayer and I realize that surely by now my #1 baby has gotten up and is wondering where mommy is. I hear nothing so I decided I better go in and check on him. He looks so cozy comfy I decided to get back in bed and snuggle with him.

Fifteen minutes later he’s up and demanding “bekfast”. I sit him down and pop a toaster strudel in the toaster and get him a glass of milk. I used the last of the milk, better put that on the list. The to-do list, shoot, haven’t gotten to that!…Enough is enough, I march my bootie into the study and get a pen,… Cole yells. I rush up and get his toaster strudel and put it on a plate and serve it to him. I see the empty milk jug and rinse it out and make my way into the garage to put it in the recycling bin. The attic ladder is down, blocking me from getting to the bin. I reach to lift it and see the Christmas lights all boxed up and ready to be lifted into the attic. Surely there were more lights than that. I bet they are in the playroom closet…

Maximus starts yelping too. Time for the switcharoo, bring the chihuahuas in to safety (from Maximus), take Maximus out, and I see that there is neither water nor food in his bowl. I go in and get a cup to pour water into for Max and remember to quench my own thirst. “This grape sody is so refreshing”, I think to myself as I glance at the clock. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is just starting! I clean Cole up and let him watch his favorite all time show so that I can focus on the chores at hand.

I pass the study on the way to the kitchen and see my blog on the screen. Ooh, Cole is quiet and this is probably the most perfect time to blog. I sit at my desk again and to the right of my screen I see the other blogs I like to read. I click on one. I read it. I click on another, I read that one too. Then I hear Cole saying “more Mickey Mouse”. What? That just simply cannot be. The laundry is still piled, the dogs have not been fed or quenched, the clothes still have stains, the CD never got burned, and my plants are all probably dead because today went a lot like yesterday! I got nothing done but I was so darn busy all day!

Cole calls me again. Now my time is Cole’s time so I guess I will leave the list for tomorrow….

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published.